Wednesday, July 20, 2011

*cringe*

Matthew 27:24-31

I remember watching The Passion of the Christ.  The flogging and the crown of thorns were hard to watch.  Inhuman, we might say, but that would be wrong.  We are the only ones who do such things.  Mock and torture, and think up these horrible, humiliating ways to make ourselves feel superior at the expense of others.

I have to step back for a second.  Sometimes, I'm a bit of a whiner.  I whine to God about this or that hardship...  oh, my sewer backed up... wha, the van needs fixing...

He endured much more suffering, real suffering.  What I go through doesn't even count, but yet, I whine.
I desire to live a more Christ-like life, to be faithful and trust Him, then I get all bent out of shape by something stupid.

Have patience with me, Lord.  Change my heart.

No comments: